Journster is a cloud based content management system for static websites.
Journster is in private beta. Send us a tweet with a link to your site. If it fits our current product level, we'll get you on board for free.
What does Journster do?
- When a file has been edited in a selected repository, GitHub sends Journster a webhook.
- Journster clones the repository.
- Install any npm packages.
- Install any Bower packages.
- Run the
- Run the
- If there were no errors, push all files from the
distfolder to the repository's
- The repository's GitHub Pages hosted website is now updated.
Currently the Grunt or Gulp script must output files for the
gh-pages branch in the
/dist folder and Journster runs only the
Journster go wayback
Journster version 1 was launched in 1998 as Webalogic ~ "Content management delivered online". At the time cloud was called hosted or delivered online. Journster v1 is template based, programming language independent and is still serving clients. This next version will only be for static websites.